Job title: Accounts Senior
Closing date: 31-Aug-2017
A new opportunity exists for a bright, motivated, ambitious Accounts Senior seeking an opportunity to join our fun, forward thinking modern firm. Applicants will need to hold, or be studying towards, the ACCA or ACA qualification; have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and have a genuine desire to progress quickly in a challenging environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of year end accounts for bigger, non audit, clients including dealing with technical issues that arise and the transition to FRS102 reporting;
- Preparing the company corporation tax return, liaising with the firm's tax department to ensure the correct disclosures are made;
- Preparing the directors' self-assessment tax returns, again liaising with the firm's tax department to ensure the correct treatment is applied;
- Production of detailed agenda for client accounts meeting including a review of the business and KPIs;
- Dealing with client queries throughout the year which will enable you to build a relationship with those clients; and
- Assisting with the development of junior team members, reviewing their work and providing on the job training.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or close to qualification or qualified by experience;
- Full UK driving license with own car; and
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Sage, Accounting and Taxation production suites and Xero (although the latter is not essential).