Does your business complete customs declarations? If so, you can apply for grant funding for training and IT improvements
There are 2 grants available to help your business complete customs declarations, in preparation for the UK leaving the EU.
You can apply for just one of the grants, or both and you can use the funding to reimburse what your business has spent on relevant IT improvements and training since 31 July 2019, as well as in the future. To apply your business must:
- be established in, or have a branch in the UK when the grant is paid to you
- not have previously failed to meet its tax obligations – HMRC will check their records to decide if they can offer your business a grant
You can apply to get funding for training that helps your business to complete customs declarations and processes.
The training grant will give you up to 100% of the cost of training for your employees, up to a limit of £2,250 for each course.
It will also cover the cost of training you run internally, up to a limit of £250 for each employee on the course.
To apply for the training grant, your business must either:
- complete customs declarations for yourself or someone else (or intend to in the future)
- import from, or export to the EU and complete customs declarations (or intend to complete customs declarations in the future)
IT improvements grant
You can apply to get funding for IT improvements to help your business complete customs declarations more efficiently.
It must be a ready-made solution. You cannot use the funding to commission bespoke software.
The IT improvements grant will give you up to €200,000 (the maximum amount of state aid available).
To apply for the IT improvements grant, your business must:
- currently complete customs declarations for importers and exporters
- have 250 employees or fewer
- have an annual turnover of less than €50 million
For more information about the grants available, documentation you’ll need to provide and how to apply please click here.
If your grant claim is successful and you’ve submitted all the required documentation within two months of receiving the grant offer letter, you’ll receive the grant within 30 days.
For more information please don't hesitate to contact our Audit and General Practice Partner, Chris Moss on the details below:
Audit and General Practice Partner
direct dial: 01942 292587
mobile: 07973 129273