The Employer Ownership Fund - £20 million Government matched funding for the Engineering Sector
The Employer Ownership Fund provides eligible employers with 50% matched funding for training projects to address skills shortages affecting their business. The fund is open to employers who are looking to develop projects aimed at improving engineering careers and increasing the number of women in the sector.
Successful applicants will receive 50% of the allowable costs for training. The maximum funding allowable is £1.6m. The minimum grant per project is £40,000.
• Must be registered as a company in the UK;
• Must directly employ people in engineering occupations;
• All employees being trained must be based in England;
• Applications must be from a single company;
• You must not be receiving other public funding for any part of your proposals.
Full details of the fund can be found here in the Guidance for Applicants.
The deadline to apply is 5 December 2014. Companies wishing to submit an application will first need to register on the BIS e-Tendering Portal.