Innovate UK Smart Grants02 Dec, 20221 minute
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, has launched another round of Smart Grants ...
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, has launched another round of Smart Grants funding for game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation.
Up to £25 million is available for disruptive research and development (R&D) innovations that can significantly impact the UK economy. All proposals must be business-focused, with deliverable, realistic, adequately resourced plans to achieve a return on investment, growth, and market share following project completion. Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy, such as:
- Net zero
- The arts
- Design and media
To be in scope, your proposal must demonstrate (amongst other things):
- A game-changing, innovative, and disruptive idea that will lead to new products, processes, or services
- An idea that is significantly ahead of others in the field, set for rapid commercialisation
- Clear potential to positively impact the UK's position, productivity, and competitiveness within the global economy
Projects can be across a variety of technologies, markets, and research categories, including:
- Feasibility projects
- Industrial research projects
- Experimental development projects
Your application must include at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) as the lead or a collaborative grant-claiming partner.
Projects must start by 1 July 2023 and end by 30 June 2026 and follow specific rules dependent on their duration.
More information can be found here.