About the role
The growth in our client base gives us the opportunity to offer a fantastic opportunity to join an expert business and tax advisory practice with personality and drive.
We have a fantastic client base, focussed on family and owner-managed businesses across a wide range of industries and sectors located in the North-West. As a manager in our accounts department, you will join a talented team to manage a portfolio of non-audit clients.
If you want to help clients through business challenges by taking ownership, solving problems and coming up with creative solutions, we want to hear from you.
If you want to develop your career with an independent, experienced firm, we want to hear from you.
You will manage a portfolio of clients, and you will lead and develop members of our accounts team, working closely with our partners and directors. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients, reporting to partners and directors
- Reviewing statutory year-end accounts
- Confirming arrangements with our clients
- Briefing and overseeing staff on assignments, providing on-the-job training, liaising with client staff
- Identifying and resolving account issues in conjunction with our clients and partners
- Attending and presenting at accounts planning and closing accounts meetings
- Getting involved in recruitment and business development
We’ve been providing outstanding service and advice to thousands of businesses and business people for over 100 years. We provide excellent levels of service and commitment to the business community, and this is what sets us apart. We are an independent firm and proud of it.
Our clients are mainly larger family and owner-managed businesses, predominantly based in the North-West. Our audit and accounts managers currently work with a range of partners and directors on clients from a wide range of industries and sectors.
What’s on offer
- 27 days holiday a year (excluding bank holidays)
- Your birthday off every year
- Employee assistance program
- Life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Long service awards
- Free Parking
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Competitive salaries
- A full, exciting, and action-packed social calendar, including themed lunches, evening social events, the JS Summer games, five-a-side and much more!
- A series of health and wellbeing initiatives throughout the year, including yoga sessions, meditation techniques and many more!
- Comprehensive development, management and leadership training programmes, as well as apprenticeships and traineeships at all levels
JS is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our team to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
ACA or ACCA qualified with a proven track record of managing non-audit clients.
We are always looking for talented people who can make a difference within our accounts, audit and taxation teams. If you are interested in an opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are considering a career in accountancy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, upload your CV using the form on the right.