About the role
JS (Jackson Stephen LLP) is a dynamic accountancy and business advisory firm that makes a difference, and we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our fun and hard-working team.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated R&D Tax Consultant who is looking to take the next step in their career. You will be responsible for delivering the end-to-end process, from the initial kick-off meeting through to the submission of the claim to HMRC. Working with the R&D Tax Team, you will create long-term, trusting relationships with both existing and new clients.
- Qualifying claims to ensure eligibility
- Working with the R&D Tax Team to ensure all of the Financial and Technical information is collated to complete the required reports and submissions
- Preparation of the Financial & Technical Reports
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax relief and other innovation incentives
- Assisting clients to develop their R&D strategies to support R&D claims in the event of an HMRC enquiry
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries
- 4+ years of experience in R&D Tax Relief
- A proven track records in preparing and submitting SME/RDEC/PATENT BOX claims
- Knowledge of UK Corporation Tax compliance
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written and communications skills
- Forward-thinking and motivated individual who can bring new ideas to the business to help further optimise our services
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple clients at any one time
We’ve been providing outstanding service and advice to thousands of businesses and business people for over 100 years. We provide excellent levels of service and commitment to the business community, and this is what sets us apart. We are an independent firm and proud of it.
Our clients are mainly larger family and owner-managed businesses from a wide range of industries and sectors, predominantly based in the North-West.
What’s on offer:
- 27 days holiday a year (excluding bank holidays)
- Your birthday off every year
- Employee assistance program
- Life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Long service awards
- Free Parking
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Competitive salaries
- A full, exciting, and action-packed social calendar, including themed lunches, evening social events, the JS Summer games, five-a-side and much more!
- A series of health and wellbeing initiatives throughout the year, including yoga sessions, meditation techniques and many more!
- Comprehensive development, management and leadership training programmes, as well as apprenticeships and traineeships at all levels
JS is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our team to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
If you are interested in an opportunity, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Alternatively, upload your CV using the form on the right.