Do you want a career as a Tax professional with full training, support and amazing career progression?
A new opportunity exists for a bright, motivated, ambitious Tax Graduate/Trainee, to join our fun, forward-thinking modern firm. The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage competing pressures, and should be able to communicate well with clients and colleagues.
Your skills and knowledge will be enhanced by a structured in-house training programme that is supported by a personal mentoring and appraisal process.
We pay for all study and revision courses as you work towards your ATT/CTA qualifications, offering a competitive salary, including paid exam leave.
In your role as Tax Graduate/Trainee you will learn all aspects of taxation to cover compliance work, how to manage a client allocation and to assist with tax advisory work by undertaking technical research and by learning how to use and interpret tax legislation.
Main duties would include:
- Preparation of sole trader, partnership and LLP tax returns
- Providing general support to line managers and clients in the provision of tax planning and advice
- Using tax legislation, case law and published guidance to produce well-supported technical research to support the delivery of advice
What’s on offer:
- 27 days holiday a year (excluding bank holidays)
- Your birthday off every year
- Employee assistance program
- Life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Long service awards
- Free parking
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Competitive salaries
- A full, exciting, and action-packed social calendar, including themed lunches, evening social events, the JS Summer games, five-a-side and much more!
- A series of health and wellbeing initiatives throughout the year; including yoga sessions, meditation techniques and many more!
- Comprehensive, development, management and leadership training programmes as well as apprenticeships and traineeships at all levels
JS is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our team to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who wants to develop their career and skills in a firm with a varied and advanced client base and gain knowledge in all aspects of tax compliance and advice.
If you are interested in an opportunity, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are considering a career in tax by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, upload your CV using the form on the right.